How to open a Coinbase account for new bitcoin and crypto investors. A detailed explanation of how to buy, sell, send, and receive bitcoin & other major cryptocurrencies in your Coinbase account.
How To Open A Coinbase Account
- How To Open A Coinbase Account Might Be A Lot Easier Than You Think.
- Go to the Coinbase homepage and click the GET STARTED button at the top of the right-hand corner, or enter your best email and click the green GET STARTED button.
- Choose your account type by clicking on the individual or business account tab.
- Create your account with your name, first name, email address, and strong password.
- Verify your email address by clicking on the confirmation link in your mailbox.
- For your own security, enable 2FA by verifying your Phone Number,
- Let Coinbase know how you want to purchase your first crypto. Set up your payment method.
Step 1 - Create your Coinbase account
First of all, go to www.coinbase.com and click the “GET STARTED” button (see pic above) at the top right-hand corner of the page.
After you agree with all the terms:
- Fill in your personal credentials
- Click the Create Account button as marked in the previous picture.
Step 2 & 3 – Sign Up Only If You Have 18 Years Of Age Or Older.
I assume you sign up for an individual account? Anyways, as you can see below, fill in your credentials, pick a strong password, and click on “Create an account.”
You’re sure you’re 18+?
On the following screens… Just Click Yes and Agree…
How To Create A Coinbase Account – The Next Screen.
After you’ve chosen your account type and entered your credentials you should see the next screenshot… so far so good! Now it’s time to check your mailbox for the verification or confirmation mail.
Step 4 – Check Your Mailbox For The Verification Mail
By now you should have received an email like the one below. Click on the “Verify Email Address” button, and you’re off to the races.
Step 5a – Set up Your Phone number
As you can see in the picture below, it’s quite simple. Choose your country by scrolling the menu and enter your phone number so Coinbase can send you your access code. –> www.coinbase.com
Step 5b Verify Your Phone Number
For your own security, even if this is optional, I would definitely enable 2FA.
Q&A – How To Open a Coinbase Account
No advanced skills or knowledge of bitcoin is necessary to use Coinbase which is why so many choose to use it to get their first batch of Bitcoin or other cryptos. –> www.coinbase.com