What is a webinar?
A webinar is a broad term referring to a video marketing and video conferencing tool used to deliver information in real-time.
A webinar is so comprehensive in functionality such that it is not only used in conferences but also to convey important business information in real-time.
With a webinar, you can connect people from different parts of the world as long as you share the same course.
Features of webinar
- Text chat.
- Multidirectional conference.
- Digital board.
- Drawing tools.
- Pools & surveys.
- Download to watch later etc.
There are so many types of webinars, but they can be classified into three major categories;
- a) Event types. They include the live webinars, on-demand webinars, and automated webinars.
- b) Purpose. They include onboarding & training sessions, online courses, Product demo webinars, and Knowledge-sharing lead generation webinars.
- c) Access types. They include Paid webinars, Open to all events, and Password or token protected events.
So many companies today have incorporated webinar in their digital marketing efforts.
This is because webinars offer marketers the best platform to advertise their services or goods to consumers with an advantage of reading feedback from the target market reaction.
But why are webinars becoming so popular, especially in the business world?
- They are convenient for the marketer and the target market. This means that a marketer can convene a business meeting with the target population from anywhere in the world at any time.
- It is cost-effective. With a webinar, the marketer does not have to worry about venue rental or entertainment for the attendees.
A webinar is a technology worth embracing since it can offer your business a higher Return on Investment compared to other forms of marketing